Robert Todd – Photographer
Burlington, Ontario, CANADA
Robert can find photographic inspiration everywhere. His preferred subjects are natural landscapes, but he also loves to take editorial shots and capture street scenes where his pictures can really tell a story. His eye for composition and lighting has developed over years of practice, and he credits his technical knowledge to the Sheridan College Digital Photography courses he took while he was recuperating from a serious illness.
He was the recipient of a Burlington Arts & Culture grant in 2018 for his project “Burlington, A City through the Seasons”. The exhibition of 16 of his framed images was on display at locations across Burlington, including City Hall, the Performing Arts Centre, and the Tourism Burlington visitor centre. The photos featured many of the city’s most beautiful, walkable, bikeable, and transit accessible locations which are free to visit and photograph year round.
Robert was the lone photographer displayed in a group exhibition, “99 pieces” at the Burlington Art Gallery in 2016. You can also find his work in the Burlington Official Visitors guide, as well as in the City of Burlington postcards / E-postcards offered through Tourism Burlington. Recently, several of his photos were displayed on Tourism Burlington’s Instagram page as the featured artist during Tourism week (May 25th – May 30th 2020).
You can find more of his photography on Instagram: @photograph_burlington and on his website at www.photographburlington.com.
Some of his photographic commissions include:
– Toronto Star, Insight Page “War of 1812: Battle of Frenchman’s Creek” Nov 25, 2012
– Globe and Mail, Perspectives section “The New Burlington is here.” (cover), 2013
– City of Burlington postcards / E-postcards offered through Tourism Burlington, 2014 – present
– Burlington Official Visitors guide, 2014-2015
– Burlington Post, Canada Day Fireworks, 2015
– Oakville Beaver, Bronte Village Santa parade, Nov 20, 2015
– Rotary Burlington, Grand Festival Concert, Nov 21, 2015
– Oakville Beaver, Art Society Gala, Nov 21, 2015
– Paradigm Condominiums (Molinaro Group), Magazine, Sales Brochure, Billboard photo.
– Kaldor Design Group, Sheridan College expo Aug 2015
– Keller Williams Edge Realty, Burlington Waterfront photo for Website 2016
– Zipcar.com, e-magazine article “9 coolest car designs” 2016
Thanks for visiting!